Leveraging the Value of Coaching
Coaching is partnering in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. Coaches help clients focus and make strides towards what they seek to achieve. Coaching gets you farther faster and more strategically than working alone.
The Coach-Client Relationship
• Discover, clarify, and align with what the client seeks to achieve
• Enhance client’s self-awareness
• Create strategies and actions for progress
• Hold client responsible and accountable
Download a worksheet to make the session more valuable
Common Questions & Answers about Coaching
What makes coaching work?
- Coaching is centered around the client’s agenda.
- Better goals support faster progress.
- Clients develop confidence and lasting skills for effectiveness and success.
How do I to choose a CTC coach?
- Determine what support you need: Discovery? Planning? Action?
- Review the coaches’ bios on the CTC website.
- Working with CTC staff, schedule coaching appointments. We recommend initially meeting with 2-3 coaches. Coaching is a matter of chemistry.
How do I prepare for coaching sessions?
- Determine what you want to accomplish. Set the agenda.
- Post resume and other working documents in your Client Account so coach can view.
- Bring other materials for which you’d like coach to provide feedback.
What do I work on in coaching sessions?
This depends on where each client is in the process: Discovery, Planning or Action. Clients have used their coaching session to help them:
- Create a job search Plan for Progress with goals and actions for steady, measurable progress.
- Develop value statement that articulates skills and experience they bring to a prospective employer.
- Discuss ways to stay focused, progressing and positive during transition.